How do I get a refuse/garbage account started?

If you are on the City’s power (Opelika Power Services), a work order for the can is automatically generated for you when you sign up for power services. If you have Alabama Power or TREC power, then you must go to the Opelika Power Services Customer Service Center, located at 600 Fox Run Parkway, and request garbage collection. 

Show All Answers

1. How do I have household appliances picked up?
2. How do I get a refuse/garbage account started?
3. How do I get rid of recyclable items?
4. My garbage container is damaged. Who do I call?
5. Does Opelika have a curbside recycling program?
6. How do I find out what my pick up day is?
7. How do I know the difference between "garbage" and "trash"?
8. Why didn't my trash get picked up?
9. Are there some "trash" items the city will not pick up?