The Opelika Workforce Council, Industrial Development Board of the City of Auburn and Providence Baptist Church are partnering to host a Neighborhood Job Fair on Tuesday, August 15 at the west campus of Providence Baptist Church (2807 Lee County Rd 166 Opelika, Ala. 36804). The event will run from 1 – 5:30 p.m.
“We are excited to participate in this community effort to reach potential applicants for the many great careers that are available in our area,” says Lori Huguley, CEcD, Director, Opelika Economic Development.
This is the second joint effort between the Cities of Auburn and Opelika, along with faith-based organizations to get connected with those not currently engaged in the workforce throughout Lee County. Right now, Lee County has a workforce participation rate of approximately 56 percent, this event will be geared towards reaching out to the other 44 percent of eligible workers.
“As one of the fasting growing MSAs in Alabama, we are partnering with our neighboring communities and the faith-based community to reach additional talent looking for great opportunities,” says Amy Brabham, Workforce Development Director, City of Auburn Economic Development.
Many companies will be onsite presenting job opportunities to applicants.
Opelika companies include: Hanwha Advanced Materials America, LLC, Afni, Inc, HL Company, Opelika Police Department, Lee County Commission, Niagara Bottling, Pharmavite, Hanwha Cimarron, LLC, PCH-Auburn Marriott Opelika Resort and Spa at Grand National and Walmart DC6095.
Auburn companies include: I-Pex Manufacturing, Aramark Auburn, Auburn University Hotel and Conference Center, Coach Comm, V2 Composites, 2A USA, City of Auburn HR, Auburn City Schools, Auburn University Facilities/Auburn University HR, Schmidt Automotive, Briggs and Stratton, MDT Armor, Aptar, Era Lab, Straehle & Hess and Korea Fuel Tech America.
There will also be several community resource partners onsite to help attendees needing assistance with common employment barriers such as available childcare, transportation and additional training. Those partners include Opelika Career Center, Southern Union State Community College and United Way of Lee County. The Opelika Public Library will be onsite assisting with resumes.
No previous registration is required to attend this event. Resumes are encouraged but also not required.
For more information, please call contact Griffin O’Connor at [email protected].