Mayor Gary Fuller, Chief John McEachern, Assistant Chief Kasey Brown, Captain Bobby Kilgore, Captain Shane Healey,
Administrative Lieutenant Rob Cook, Lieutenant Ben Blackburn, Sergeant Daniel Metivier, Sergeant Joshua Smith
The City of Opelika Police Department is excited to announce several promotions and division reassignments. The biggest change is that the city will now have a full-time Assistant Chief to help assist with day-to-day operations, planning and supervision of all division activities and personnel.
“Kasey Brown is going to be a great asset as our new Assistant Chief. He has been with OPD for 24 years and loves this community,” said Opelika Police Chief John McEachern. “All of our officers are dedicated to serving our great city. Many of these officers have been with the department for years and will have an easy transition into their new positions. I am very proud of each and every one of these employees and am honored to work alongside them.”
Changes in the department are as follows:
- Captain Brenton (Kasey) Brown, currently assigned to the Detective/Investigative Services Division is promoted to the position of Assistant Chief of Police.
- Captain Bobby Kilgore, currently assigned to the Special Services Division is reassigned to Uniform/Patrol Division.
- Captain Shane Healey, currently assigned to the Uniform/Patrol Division is reassigned to the Detective/Investigative Services Division. Healey will also be the new Public Information Officer for the OPD.
- Lieutenant Rob Cook, currently assigned as the Administrative Lieutenant is reassigned to the Uniform/Patrol Division.
- Sergeant Ben Blackburn, currently assigned to the Training Section of the Special Services Division is promoted to the rank of Lieutenant and will be the Administrative Lieutenant over the Special Services Division.
- Officer Daniel Metivier, currently assigned to the Training Section of the Special Services Division, is promoted to the rank of Sergeant and will continue his current assigned duties.
- Officer Joshua Smith, currently assigned to the Uniform/Patrol Division, is promoted to the rank of Sergeant and will continue to serve in that same Division.
All of the above listed Promotions/Reassignments are effective immediately.