October 15 - Eerie Express
A spooky, family friendly night featuring the movie Jungle Cruise and train rides around the decorated park.
- 6:00-8:00 p.m. at Municipal Park
- Adults and children of all ages.
- Train rides are $2 per person. CASH ONLY.
October 20 - Halloween Drop-In
A special occasion drop-in featuring food, fun and games. Take a trip through our haunted rec center.. if you dare!
- 6:00-8:00 p.m. at Covington Recreation Center
- 3rd-5th graders
- $10 per child
October 21 - Great Pumpkin Splash
The Opelika SportsPlex Pool is transforming into a floating pumpkin patch! Pick a pumpkin and decorate it for Halloween. Pumpkins will be placed in varying depths of the pool, allowing children of all swimming capabilities to participate.
- 6:00-8:00 p.m. at the Opelika SportsPlex Pool
- Ages 6-12.
- $5 per person. Must pre-register by 10/18.
October 22 - Fright Night at the Villa
Join us for a horror movie at Spring Villa Park! This year we are watching The Shining (1980) - Rated R (Common Sense Media movie review)
- 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Spring Villa Park
- Adults only. Viewer discretion is advised.
- Free and open to the public.
October 25 - Fall Festival
Carnival games, inflatables, food vendors, entertainment, candy and prizes.
- 5:30-8:30 p.m. at the Opelika SportsPlex Soccer Fields
- Children 12 and younger
- Admission is free, but activities require the purchase of a wristband or tickets.
$10 - All Access Wristband (unlimited access to all activities)
$5 - Bag of 20 tickets (each activity costs 1-3 tickets)
25 cents - Individual tickets (each activity costs 1-3 tickets)
- Wristbands and tickets may be purchased in advance at the Opelika SportsPlex front desk (cash/check/credit/debit). All ticket/wristband purchases at the event are CASH ONLY.
October 28 - Tour de Fright
Bicyclers beware! Parents and children of all age are invited to bring their bike and take a ride on the haunted walking trail! Meet in the rear parking lot behind the Opelika SportsPlex.
- 6:00-8:00 p.m. at the Opelika SportsPlex Outdoor Walking Track
- All ages. Family friendly.
- Bikes, trikes, scooters, strollers, etc are welcome.
- This event is free and open to the public.