On 02/13/2022, Deputies with the Troup County Sheriff’s Office arrested Jarren McKay Allen in LaGrange, GA. Allen is wanted by the Opelika Police Department for an assault on an Officer, which occurred on 02/02/2022. He is currently being held at the Troup County Jail on illegal narcotic and firearm charges. Allen is also being held on the following warrants from the Opelika Police Department:
· Assault, First Degree
· Felony Duty to Give Information and Render Aid
· Drug Trafficking (Cocaine)
· Possession with Intent to Distribute Methamphetamine
· Certain Persons Forbidden to Possess a Pistol
· Three Counts of Unlawful Possession/Receipt of a Controlled Substance
Once Allen has completed the judicial process in Georgia, he will be transferred to Alabama and arrested for the charges listed above. The case remains under investigation by the Opelika Police Department. Anyone with information on this incident is asked to contact the Opelika Police Department Detective Division at (334) 705-5220 or the Secret Witness Hotline at (334) 745-8665. Tips can also be submitted through our Opelika Police mobile app. You may wish to remain anonymous.