Opelika Mayor Gary Fuller announced City of Opelika changes as a result of Governor Ivey’s Safer at Home Order, effective April 30 at 5 p.m. The City of Opelika will follow the Governor’s Safer At Home Order which is in force through May 15 at 5 p.m. In addition to the state order, the City of Opelika announces the following changes and information effective Friday, May 1, 2020 at 7 a.m. through May 15 at 5 p.m.
All City parks and trails will reopen Saturday, May 2nd.
- Along with our parks and trails, The Opelika Pickleball Facility, the Tumble Tree Disc Golf Course, the Calhoun Tennis Center, Flora lDog Park and Stern Dog Park will reopen.
- Playground equipment at all city parks is still closed to the public per Governor Ivey’s Order.
- Outdoor basketball courts, soccer fields and baseball fields will remain closed due to these being close contact sports.
Several events have been canceled.
- Noon Tunes has been canceled.
- May Summer Swing Concerts have been canceled. June and July concerts are still tentative.
- The Kids Drive in Movie (5/8) has been canceled.
- The Mother Daughter Tea Party (5/9) has been canceled.
- The 68th Annual Freedom Celebration has been canceled.