August 25, 2020 Municipal Election
Ward 1 - Melvin Brooks, Elizabeth Burton, Robert Johnson, Jamie Lowe, George Allen, Alexis Meniefield
Ward 2 - Erica Norris, Oscar L. Penn III
Ward 3 - Robert Lofton, Michael Carter, Kelli Thompson
Ward 4 - Eddie Smith
Ward 5 - David Canon, Chuck Adams, Todd Rauch, Brandon Fincher
Mayor - Gary Fuller, Tiffany Gibson-Pitts
July 26, 2020 - is the last day to establish residency to vote in the municipal election.
August 10, 2020 - is the last day to register to vote in the municipal general election.
August 20, 2020 - is the last day for a voter to apply for a regular absentee ballot and physically vote absentee in the clerk's office.
August 24, 2020 - is the last day, up to the close of business,
1. for a voter to hand-deliver absentee ballot.
2. for voter to apply for and submit an emergency absentee ballot if he or she:
- is required by employer to be unavailable to vote at the polls;
- is a caregiver of a person who requires emergency treatment within five days of an election; or
- has a family member to the 2nd degree of kinship who does within 5 days of the election
3. To return an absentee ballot by mail. it must be postmarked by August 24 AND received by noon the day of the election (August 25).
August 25, 2020 - ELECTION DAY!! Polls are open from 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
September 1, 2020 - Canvassing of Election Results
September 3, 2020 - Deadline for anyone to with standing to contest the election to request a recount (must be within 48 hours of the official canvass on September 1).
September 7, 2020 - Last day a candidate may contest the results of the general election.
September 21, 2020 - Last day to register to vote for the run-off election.
October 1, 2020 - Last day to apply for a regular absentee ballot for the run-off election.
October 6, 2020 - Run-off Election Day
October 13, 2020 - Canvassing of Run-off Election Results
November 2, 2020 - Newly Elected Officials Take Office
Where is my polling place?
Ward I: Covington Community Center 213 Carver Avenue
Ward II: Opelika Learning Center 214 Jeter Street
Ward III: Opelika Community Center 1102 Denson Drive
Ward IV: EAMC - Educational Center 2027 Pepperell PKWY
Ward V: Opelika SportsPlex 1001 Andrews Road
Absentee Voting for City Elections take place at Opelika City Hall, which is located at: 204 S 7th Street