Recycling Convenience Centers
The City of Opelika has two full-service drop off sites for recycling. Items must be loose, not bagged. All food containers must be washed to eliminate load contamination.
8th Avenue Center
600 8th Avenue
(near Denson Rec Center)
Gate will open at 8 a.m. Friday and close at 8 a.m. Tuesday.
Jeter Avenue Center
675 Jeter Avenue
(across from Jeter Primary School)
Gate will open at 8 a.m. and close at 2 p.m., Monday-Friday.
Recycling Locations Near Zip 36801 (PDF)
Items Accepted at Recycling Centers
- Plastics #1-7
- Books (No spiral bound.)
- Paper Sacks
- Packing Paper
- Aluminum Cans
- Metal Cans
- Cardboard: All types. Includes chip board.
- Paint: No 5-gallon buckets. From households only.
- Cooking Oil: Please pour into container or leave in plastic jugs.
- Appliances: Washers, Dryers, Hot Water Heaters, Stoves, Refrigerators, Freezers
- Tires: Only from residents. Limit of 8.
NO GLASS, BATTERIES OR ELECTRONICS ACCEPTED.