- Feature Links
- Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
The City of Opelika’s web page is not an official statement of City policy, law, practice, services or procedure, and should not be construed as such. It is intended only to give general information about the City.
Although we try to post only accurate information, we cannot guarantee that the information that we make available is always correct or current. The City of Opelika does not warrant or make any representation as to the quality, content, accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links and other items contained in this website. Consequently, no one should rely upon any information contained herein, nor make any decisions or take any action based on such information.
Communications made through this site’s email and messaging system is for convenience only, and shall not be deemed to constitute legal notice to the City of Opelika or its officers, agents, agencies, employees or representatives with respect to any existing or potential claim or cause of action or for any other purpose. Email communications are not secure and should never be used to transmit private, confidential or privileged information. Email messages can be accidentally or intentionally diverted, intercepted, lost or deleted without being read by the intended recipient, and consequently important communications should be made through more conventional means.
General Terms of the Agreement: Your access to and/or use of the City of Opelika website is subject to the following terms and conditions, as well as all applicable laws. Your access to the Site is in consideration for your agreement to these Terms and Conditions of Use whether you are a registered user or not. By accessing, browsing and using the Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, these Terms and Conditions of Use. There are sections of the City of Opelika’s website that connect you to websites outside of the control of the City of Opelika. These Terms and Conditions apply only to those areas that are registered under the City of Opelika name and its agencies.
Modification of the Agreement: The City of Opelika maintains the right to modify these Terms and Conditions of Use without notice. However, at the discretion of the City of Opelika, the City of Opelika may do so by posting notice of such modifications on this page. Any modification is effective immediately upon posting the modification unless otherwise stated. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of any such modification signifies your acceptance of such modification. You should periodically review this page to review the current Terms and Conditions of Use.
Conduct: You agree to access and use the Site only for lawful uses. You are solely responsible for the knowledge of and adherence to any all laws, statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to your use of the Site. By accessing the Site, you agree that you will not:
- Use the Site to commit a criminal offense or to encourage others to conduct that which would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to a civil liability;
- Post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, libelous, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, profane, or otherwise objectionable content;
- Use the Site to impersonate other parties or entities;
- Use the Site to upload any content that contains a software virus, “Trojan Horse” or any other computer code, files or programs that may alter, damage or interrupt the functionality of the Site or the hardware or software of any other person who accesses the Site;
- Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any materials that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or contractual relationship;
- Alter, damage or delete any content posted on the Site;
- Disrupt the normal flow of communication in any way;
- Claim a relationship with or speak for any business, association or other organization for which you are not authorized to claim such a relationship;
- Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials or other forms of solicitation;
- Post any material that infringes or violates the intellectual property rights of another; or
- Collect or store personal information about others.
Termination of Use: The City of Opelika may, in its sole discretion, terminate or suspend your access and use of this Site without notice and for any reason, including for violation of these Terms and Conditions of Use or for other conduct for which the City of Opelika, at its sole discretion, believes is harmful or unlawful to others. In the event of termination, you are no longer authorized to access the Site, and the City of Opelika will use whatever means necessary to enforce this termination.
Contact Us: If you have any questions or concerns about the City of Opelika’s online policy for this Site or its implementation or if you find incorrect information or to seek permissions that fall outside of the guidelines above, you can contact the Community Relations Officer. mailto:LKrehling@opelika-al.gov
Disclosure Policy: The following Disclosure Policy explains the City of Opelika’s policy regarding any information you may acquire when visiting the City of Opelika’s official website. By using the City’s Site, you agree, without limitation or qualification, to be bound by this Disclosure Policy or any other policy or data collection policy applicable to any individual City website.
1. The City’s web servers are maintained to provide public access to City information via the Internet. The City’s web services and the content of its web servers and databases are updated on a continual basis. While the City attempts to keep its web information accurate and timely, the City neither warrants nor makes any representations or endorsements as to the quality, content, accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, hyperlinks and other items contained on this server or any other server. Site materials have been compiled from a variety of sources and are subject to change without notice. Information contained on the City’s website is intended for non-commercial use. Individuals accessing this information for any secondary purpose, including commercial purposes, are responsible for respecting all copyright, privacy and other rights that may be related to the materials presented.
2. The City does not warrant that the functions contained in the materials will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects will be promptly corrected.
3. All service marks and trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners. The City retains copyright on all text, graphic images and other content.
4. Some of the hyperlinks on this and subsequent pages may lead to resources outside the City. The presence of these hyperlinks shall not be construed as an endorsement by the City of these sites or their content. The City is not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of any such external hyperlink.
5. Communications made through email and messaging systems shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal notice to the City or any of its agencies, officers, employees, agents or representatives, with respect to any existing or potential claim or cause of action against the City or any of its agencies, officers, employees, agents or representatives, where notice to the City is required by any federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations.
6. The City of Opelika is committed to compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations, including equal access to communications, will be provided upon request. Requests for reasonable accommodations, with regard to equal access to communications, should be directed to the City’s ADA Compliance Officer at 334-705-5130 between 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
7. The City is neither responsible nor liable for any viruses or other contamination of your system, nor for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions arising out of your use of the Site or with respect to the material contained on the Site, including without limitation, any material posted on the Site. This Site and all the materials contained on it are distributed and transmitted “as is” without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, warranties of title or implied warranties or merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose. The City is not responsible for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages that may arise from the use of or the inability to use the Site and/or the materials contained on the Site whether the materials contained on the Site are provided by the City or a third party.
8. The City employs industry-standard methods to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or otherwise cause damage. The City uses reasonable precautions to keep the personal information disclosed to the City secure.