Northeast Opelika Industrial Park
Located on 2,200 acres in the northern portion of Opelika, Alabama along Interstate 85, the Northeast Opelika Industrial Park is a premier example of a fully developed and planned industrial park.
The Northeast Opelika Industrial Park is located along the western boundary of Interstate 85 at Exit 66 within the Opelika city limits. The eastern boundary of the park has substantial frontage along Interstate 85. The park is approximately one hour from Montgomery and less than one hour and fifteen minutes from Atlanta's Hartsfield International Airport. Auburn University, with over 25,000 students, including approximately 5,500 Engineering students, is 15 minutes away while Southern Union State Community College, with over 5,000 students, is less than five minutes from the park.
The park has excellent ingress and egress to Interstate 85 via interchange Exit 66 at Andrews Road, a city controlled four-lane divided road. This interchange directly serves the park and connects to the east with U.S Highway 29. North Park Drive, 1.9 mile industrial access road, serves the southern portion of the park and also provides access to Interstate 85 at Exit 64. The City of Opelika has extended North Park Drive approximately 2,600 feet north of Andrews Road into the northern 1,300 acre portion of the park. A CSX mainline forms the western boundary of the site.
With roughly 2,200 acres, Northeast Opelika Industrial Park is equipped to meet a wide variety of site needs, from 10 to 500 acres. The largest contiguous parcel is 500 acres.
Park is served by the following utilities:
- Electricity - Tallapoosa River Electric Cooperative and Alabama Power Company
- Natural Gas - Alagasco and Southeast Gas
- Sanitary Sewer - City of Opelika
- Telecommunications - Opelika Power Services and AT&T
- Water - Opelika Utilities
- M-2 - Manufacturing
- Covenants (PDF)
- DesignAlabama Article Highlights Northeast Opelika Industrial Park
- Variance Request Form (PDF)
Comprehensive set of engineering reports available for the proposed site upon request including:
- Phase I and Phase II Cultural Resources Surveys
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessment
- Preliminary Geotechnical Investigation including twenty-eight soil borings
- Wetlands Delineation
- Cumberland Plastic Solutions
- Daewon America
- Golden State Foods
- Hanwha Advanced Materials America
- Jo-Ann Distribution Center
- Mando America Corporation
- Pharmavite, LLC
- Wal-Mart Distribution Center