We have two tutor rooms available for free on a first-come, first-served basis. The staff at the Circulation Desk can guide you to these rooms.
The Lewis Cooper Jr. Memorial Library provides a meeting room for use by the citizens of Opelika and groups with a majority of members as residents of Opelika or others for social use. The primary purpose of Library rooms are to serve the needs of library-sponsored programs and services and such functions shall always have priority and will use the rooms at no cost, including The Friends of the Lewis Cooper, Jr. Memorial Library.
All will adhere to the fee schedule below:
- Library-sponsored programs and activities, Friends of the Library-sponsored programs and activities, and Municipal groups may use the meeting room at no charge.
- Non-profit groups and other charitable organizations: $10 per 8 hours, or part thereof.
- Non-profit groups and other charitable organizations can have fees waived by approval of the Director.
- Non-commercial, civic, and educational use: $20 per 8 hours, or part thereof.
- Social event: $50 per 4 hours, or part thereof plus Security Deposit.
- An application for the use of the meeting room for a social event must be made thirty (30) days in advance.
- Payment of a $200 security deposit shall be made in cash, check, or money order at the time reservation is made.
- Security deposit will be refunded if the facility is found to be in satisfactory condition following the event.
For additional rules governing Library Meeting Rooms, please see Section 16 of the Library Policy Manual (PDF).
To make a reservation, please contact the library at 334-705-5380.