Corporations & Limited Liability Entities
- Check the other categories to determine if any apply:
- Contact the Alabama Secretary of State's Office.
- Foreign corporations (those that are incorporated in states other than Alabama) must qualify to do business in Alabama with the Alabama Secretary of State. Contact the Secretary of State's office at 334-242-5324 to obtain an application for certificate of authority (Form CD-2). Form CD-2 must be filed with the Secretary of State along with a $175 qualification fee and a certified copy of the articles of incorporation.
- Domestic corporations (those that are incorporated in Alabama) must incorporate by first reserving the corporate name with the Alabama Secretary of State and then filing articles of incorporation (original and two copies) and the certificate of name reservation with the probate judge of the county in which the corporation has its initial registered office, along with the appropriate filing fees ($50 for Secretary of State and a probate judge fee of a minimum of $35). Contact the Secretary of State's Office for more information.
- Contact the Alabama Secretary of State's Office for questions regarding organizing domestic (those that are created in Alabama) or registering foreign (those that are created in states other than Alabama) limited liability entities (Limited Partnerships, Limited Liability Partnerships and Limited Liability Companies).
- File and remit Alabama Business Privilege Tax.
- All corporations and limited liability entities (Limited Partnerships, Limited Liability Partnerships and Limited Liability companies) are required to file and pay Alabama Business Privilege Tax no later than 30 days after the taxpayer comes into existence, qualifies, or registers to do business or commences to do business in Alabama. Contact the Alabama Department of Revenue to obtain an initial Form PSA.