The Revenue Department collects all incoming General Fund revenues for the City of Opelika and enforces tax ordinances within the city limits.
Business licenses may be purchased in the Revenue Department at Opelika City Hall. Checks should be made payable to the City of Opelika. The price of the business license depends upon the type of business. In addition, a business may need more than one license. Surety bonds, state certification and local competency cards are required with the purchase of certain Revenue Officer contractor's licenses. Business licenses must be renewed each year.
Lillie Finley, Opelika's Revenue Officer, sends out notices for renewal each December. General business renewals are due no later than February 15 of each year. If renewals are not received by this time, fines are assessed and added to the amount due, and must be paid before a new license will be issued.
If you need more information, please contact the Revenue Department at 334-705-5160, Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- BUSINESS LICENSE APPLICATION_June2023
- Business License Applications - Fee Calculation Sheet
- Deed Transfer Form (PDF)
- Gasoline Tax Report (PDF)
- Liquor Tax Report (PDF)
- Occupational Quarterly Return (PDF)
- Occupational Tax Year End Reconciliation (PDF)
- Request for Public Records (PDF)
- SOLICITATION APPLICATION 2019
- TAX REGISTRATION_June2023
- Vehicle for Hire Application (PDF)