Grounds Keeping Division
The Groundskeeping Division is operated by ESG Operations with a Horticulturist on staff. The duties of this division include
- Cutting grass
- Maintaining the grounds of city buildings and the downtown area
- Landscape projects on city property
- The care of all trees on city property
To report any problems with trees on city property, please call us at 334-705-5400 or send us an email through this website. From time to time, our staff may place one of these on your door if we see an issue with your curbside maintenance. Please help us keep the city looking clean and the drainage system open by maintaining your weed growth in the street right-of-way between your lot line and the paved surface of the street. Thank you.
Mosquito spraying will begins the 1st Monday night in June and ends the last Thursday in September unless we deplete our allotted supply of material. The trucks run between the hours of 6 p.m. and midnight.
View Mosquito Spray Map.
- Monday, Section 1: This area includes all streets and roads north of 2nd Avenue and East of 10th Street
- Wednesday, Section 2: This area includes all streets and roads north of 2nd Avenue and West of 10th Street
- Thursday, Section 3: This area includes all streets and roads south of 2nd Avenue and West of 10th Street
- Tuesday, Section 4: This area includes all streets and roads south of 2nd Avenue and East of 10th Street
Note: This schedule is due to change with inclement weather.
Mosquito Control Tips for Home & Yard
- Get rid of old tires, tin cans, buckets, drums, bottles or any type of water holding containers
- Fill in or drain any low places in your yard that may hold water
- Make sure trash containers have their lids closed to prevent water from accumulating
- Repair any leaky faucets or pipes that may allow for water to stand
- If you own a pool make sure it is properly maintained and cleaned to prevent mosquitoes from hatching
- Change the water in bird baths and plant pots at least once a week
- Keep grass cut short and shrubbery well trimmed around the house so adult mosquitoes will not hide
If you have any questions regarding the above schedules, or what section your neighborhood falls into, please don’t hesitate to give the city’s public works department a call at 334-705-5400.