Trash & Yard Waste Services
Pick Up Schedule
Every attempt is made to collect trash and yard waste on the same day as your garbage. However, during the Spring and later Fall, when leaves are falling and the holiday trash volumes are heavy, we may pick up later in the week than your normal day.
Another instance when we may run later than normal is when we have a major weather event. Sometimes these major weather events may cause delays for several weeks before we can get back on schedule.
Thanks for your patience and understanding. If you have questions, call 334-705-5480.
Requirements and Restrictions
Please note these requirements and restrictions before you place trash or yard waste on your curb for collection:
- Grass clippings, shrubbery trimmings or loose trash that may blow away must be bagged or boxed. Example of proper disposal
- If you are unable to place trash in yard and must place on street, any loose trash that will blow away or wash down storm drains, including leaves, must be bagged or boxed. Example of proper disposal. Not acceptable Example of improper disposal.
- Residents not wishing to bag or box may place items in the garbage cart or may request a second cart for $10 monthly rate.
- All styrofoam must be bagged.
- To avoid digging up yards with our trash trucks we may leave some small trash on the ground. Resident should bag this for collection the next week or place this in their garbage cart.
- Resident may bring any trash or yard waste to the Jeter Recycling Center. Hours of operation are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Lawn care providers must place yard waste in front of customers house unless approved by OES.
- OES will collect five cubic yards of waste per week. Large piles may sometimes require several weeks to collect.
- All tree and brush trimmings must be less than six inches in diameter and five feet in length. If you have larger trimmings, please call OES for a quote to remove. Tree cutting companies must have a business license and must haul off debris Example of debris needing a permit.
- OES will only collect tree trimmings and other yard waste from within 100 feet of the house and only in the maintained area of the yard.
OES does not pick up construction or demolition material, including rolls of carpet. Please call OES for a quote to collect material. Anyone performing construction work on your property is responsible for removing all waste.
If you have an appliance that needs to be picked up, please go by City Hall and purchase a permit; or you may bring it by Jeter Ave. or 8th Ave. recycling centers at no charge.
If you have questions, contact us at 334-705-5480.