Trash & Yard Waste Services
Every attempt is made to collect trash and yard waste on the same day as your garbage.
However, during the spring, later fall when leaves are falling and the holidays when trash volumes are heavy, we may pick up later in the week than your normal collection day.
Another instance when we may run later than normal is when we have a major weather event. Sometimes these major weather events may cause delays for several weeks before we can get back on schedule.
Thanks for your patience and understanding. If you have questions, call 334-705-5480.
Every attempt is made to collect trash and yard waste on the same day as your garbage. However, there are times when we may get behind.
Please note these requirements and restrictions before you place trash or yard waste on your curb for collection:
- Grass clippings, shrubbery trimmings or loose trash that may blow must be bagged or boxed.[See example]
- If you are unable to place trash in yard and must place on street, any loose trash that will blow or wash down the storm drains, including leaves, must be bagged or boxed. [See example]. Not acceptable [See example].
- Residents not wishing to bag or box may place the above items in their garbage cart or may request a second cart for a $10 monthly rate. Trash placed in cart does not have to be bagged.
- All styrofoam must be bagged.
- To avoid digging up yards with our trash trucks we may leave some small trash on the ground. Resident should bag this for collection the next week or place this in their garbage cart.
- Resident may bring any trash or yard waste to the Jeter Recycling Center. Hours of operation are Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Lawn care providers must place yard waste in front of customers house unless approved by OES.
- OES will collect five cubic yards of yard waste per week.
- All tree or brush trimmings must be less than six inches in diameter and five feet in length. If you have larger trimmings, please call for a quote to remove. Tree cutting companies must have a business license and must haul off debris. [See example]
- OES will only collect tree trimmings and other yard waste from within 100 feet of the house and only in the maintained area of the yard.
OES does not pick up construction or demolition material, including rolls of used carpet. Please call OES for a quote to collect material. Anyone performing construction work on your property is responsible for removing all waste.
If you have an appliance that needs picking up please go by City Hall and purchase a permit or you may bring to Jeter or 8th Avenue recycling centers at no charge. See hours on back page.
If you have any questions, contact us at 334-705-5480.