We offer single stream curbside recycling.
- Curbside Recycling Signup
- Curbside Recycling Schedule - 2018 (PDF)
- Single Stream Recycling Checklist (PDF)
Recycling Convenience Centers
The City of Opelika has several drop off sites for recycling. These are located at:
- Covington Center
213 Carver Avenue
- Floral Park Center
600 Floral Street
- North Side Center
600 8th Avenue
- Jeter Avenue Center
675 Jeter Avenue (Across the street from Jeter Primary School)
Open 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to noon on Saturdays
These centers accept the following:
- Aluminum Cans
- Newspapers, Magazines and other mixed paper (like junk mail and office paper).
- Plastic: All plastic bottles and jugs accepted. Should be crushed. Note: Please wash any plastic containers that contained food, so that recycling loads will not be rejected.
- Steel Cans (All cans must be washed)
(In addition to the items listed above, the Northside Center will have a container for donations of clothes and shoes. We are allowed to count these donations in our recycling totals.)
The Jeter Center will also accept the following:
- Batteries (All types including car batteries)
- Flat Screen TV’s
- Computer Monitors
- Computer Towers
- Copy Machines
- Laptop Computers
- Smart Phones
- Gaming Systems
- Power Chords
- Glass (Must be sorted into Clear, Green and Brown)
- Old Appliances
- Scrap Iron
- Tires (from residents only. No more than 8 at a time.)
- Used Cooking Oil
We will also accept yard waste. If you clean up your yard and have transportation to bring it to Jeter Avenue instead of placing it in front of your house for pickup, you may do so.
Materials Not Accepted
The following materials will not be accepted:
- No Glass: Glass will contaminate our loads and they will be rejected. The Columbus MRF is not designed to process glass. Our full service convenience center on Jeter Avenue accepts glass and ships it directly to the glass recycling facility in Atlanta.
- No Plastic Bags: All recycling should be placed in the black containers loose. To process recycling at the Columbus MRF all material must be loose. To get a better understanding of single-stream recycling and why material must be loose, please check out the Columbus Recycling Facility and Sustainability Center Video. You can recycle plastic grocery bags at the store where your purchases were made.
- No Trash or Wood: These items will contaminate our loads, and they will be rejected.
If you have any additional questions, please call us at 334-705-5480.