OES is proud to be your service provider for garbage, trash, recycling and animal control services. Our goal is to provide you with the highest quality service in a safe and efficient manner.
- weekly garbage and trash service
- every other week curbside recycling service
- access to a recycling drop-off center six days a week
- four garbage trucks (Automated Side Loaders) that pick up your 95-gallon garbage cart
- five to six trash trucks (Knuckle-booms)
- a recycling truck (Automated Side Loader) that picks up your 95-gallon recycling cart every other week
With approximately 12,000 customers, this is quite a task each week. In order to provide this service safely and efficiently, we need your assistance. Our website has all this information, but here is a condensed version of our ordinance to help you.
Opelika has one Animal Control Officer (ACO) whose primary duty is to enforce Opelika’s Leash Law.
View the ordinances which govern the activities of the Environmental Services Department.
List of garbage collection locations and days.
Opelika Environmental Services operates an automated system for garbage collection, utilizing 95-gallon carts at each home. Learn more about this service.
View an interactive online map of Opelika garbage and recycling pickup zones.
The City of Opelika offers single-stream curbside recycling as well as several drop-off sites. Find out what you can and cannot recycle.
Find out how and when your trash and yard waste (i.e. lawn clippings, leaves) is collected.
Environmental Services Staff picture