OES is proud to be your service provider for garbage, trash, recycling and animal control services. Our goal is to provide you with the highest quality service in a safe and efficient manner.
- weekly garbage and trash service
- every other week curbside recycling service
- access to a recycling drop-off center six days a week
- four garbage trucks (Automated Side Loaders) that pick up your 95-gallon garbage cart
- five to six trash trucks (Knuckle-Booms) that pick up your yard waste and big trash
- a recycling truck (Automated Side Loaders) that picks up your 95-gallon recycling cart every other week
With approximately 12,000 customers, this is quite a task each week. In order to provide this service safely and efficiently, we need your assistance.
Our website has all this information, but here is a condensed version of our ordinance to help you.
Opelika has one Animal Control Officer (ACO) whose primary duty is to enforce Opelika’s Leash Law and to respond to animal calls.
View the ordinances which govern the activities of the Environmental Services Department.
Environmental Services Staff picture
List of garbage collection locations and days.
View an interactive online map of Opelika garbage and recycling pickup zones.
Opelika Environmental Services operates an automated system for garbage collection, utilizing 95-gallon carts at each home. Learn more about this service.
The City of Opelika offers single-stream curbside recycling as well as several drop-off sites. Find out what you can and cannot recycle.
Recycle Right Opelika is the city's campaign to educate citizens where, what and how to recycle with an entertaining twist. Mayor Fuller has called the League of Environmental Champions to send Captain R2O to teach citizens to recycle!
Find out how and when your trash and yard waste (i.e. lawn clippings, leaves) is collected.