The CDBG program works to ensure decent affordable housing for low-moderate income individuals and families in our community. The City of Opelika has worked with many organizations with this goal in mind. Below are a few that have helped with land acquisition for new construction of affordable housing, home repairs, or home ownership.
- Habitat for Humanity lot acquisition (9 lots)
- PCM Housing Repair (4 homes)
- Emergency Home Repair (over 150 homes)
- NeighborWorks Opelika’s Home-Ownerships Down Payment Assistance
- GEMS-E East Alabama Center for Housing-Down Payment Assistance