- Community Development (CDBG)
- Carver Jeter Revitalization Plan
Carver Jeter Revitalization Plan
The Carver and Jeter Community Planning Initiative is a comprehensive planning and visioning process initiated by the City of Opelika, Alabama for the purposes of better connecting the Carver and Jeter neighborhoods to the greater city of Opelika and for establishing a compelling vision for the future of these neighborhoods. This 20 week process leveraged community input to generate a strategic plan for land use and zoning, transportation, open space and environment, urban design. historic resources, public services, economic development for the community.
This planning initiative serves as a strategic tool for ensuring that the proper structure is put into place to enable
Opelika's Carver and Jeter neighborhoods to become the kind of a place that represents a rich heritage and a promising future. Opelika is a city that cares - the perfect setting for families of all ages and backgrounds. It is a city that embraces business and innovation. And it is a community that's committed to providing a quality of life for all of its citizens regardless of age, income or race.
This master plan establishes the framework for ensuring that Opelika and its historic surrounding neighborhoods will preserve all that is already so valuable within the community today while also attaining an exciting new vision for their future.
Carver Jeter Plan March 2021 Update
During several of our town hall meetings, citizens requested an update of the Carver Jeter Plan. The City of Opelika Planning Department has been working on a report to provides updates to the community. The Carver Jeter Plan Update March 2021 lists completed projects, items that are not under consideration and projects that need private citizen input and participation. If you have questions, please email Matt Mosley ([email protected]) at the Planning Department.
Complete Carver Jeter Revitalization Plan
- Chapter 1 Area Overview - Pages 1 Through 10 (PDF)
- Chapter 2 Big Ideas - Pages 11 Through 14 (PDF)
- Street Art - Pages 15 Through 16 (PDF)
- Traffic Circles - Pages 17 Through 19 (PDF)
- Historic Darden High School Trail - Page 20 (PDF)
- Single Family Reinvestment and Mobile Home Ordinance - Pages 25 Through 27 (PDF)
- Business Incubator - Pages 28 Through 38 (PDF)
- Housing Authority Redevelopment - Pages 39 Through 61 (PDF)
- Chapter 3 Community Engagement - Pages 62 Through 69 (PDF)
- Chapter 4 Implementation - Pages 70 Through 74 (PDF)