The City of Opelika has several drop off sites for recycling. These are located at:
Listed below are the City of Opelika’s FIVE (5) Recycling Center Locations.
- North Side Center located at 600 8th Avenue.
- Covington Center located at 213 Carver Avenue.
- Westside Recycling Center located at 1017 Grand National Parkway.
- Floral Park Center located at 600 Floral Street.
- Jeter Avenue Center, located at 675 Jeter Avenue (Across the street from Jeter Primary School)
Open 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Monday through Friday / 8:00 a.m. through NOON on Saturdays
These centers accept the following:
- Newspapers, Magazines and other mixed paper (like junk mail and office paper).
- Aluminum Cans
- Steel Cans (All cans must be washed)
- Plastic: ALL plastic bottles and jugs accepted. Should be CRUSHED Note: PLEASE WASH any plastic containers that contained food so that recycling loads will not be rejected.
**The Jeter Center will also accept the following:
- Tires (from residents only. No more than 8 at a time.)
- Old Appliances
- Scrap Iron
- Used Cooking Oil
- Batteries (All types including car batteries)
- Glass (Must be sorted into Clear, Green and Brown)
- We will also accept yard waste. If you clean up your yard and have transportation to bring it to Jeter Avenue instead of placing it in front of your house for pickup, you may do so.
- We will also have a container for donations of clothes and shoes. We are allowed to count these donations in our recycling totals.
The following materials will not be accepted:
No plastic bags. All recycling should be placed in the black containers loose. To process recycling at the Columbus MRF all material must be loose. To get a better understanding of single-stream recycling and why material must be loose, please check out the Columbus Recycling Facility and Sustainability Center at https://youtu.be/g7oGPGdd2nA. You can recycle plastic grocery bags at the store where your purchases were made.
No Glass. Glass will contaminate our loads and they will be rejected. The Columbus MRF is not designed to process glass. Our FULL service convenience center on JeterAvenue accepts glass and ships it directly to the glass recycling facility inAtlanta.
No trash or wood. These items will contaminate our loads and they will be rejected.
We also offer Curbside Recycling. If you have not signed up, CLICK HERE for Curbside Recycling Startup.
If you have any additional questions, please call us at 334.705.5480. THE COST OF CURBSIDE RECYCLING is $10 per month.
GO RED = GREEN OPELIKA, Recycling Every Day, Reducing Every Day, Reusing Every Day!!!