Code Compliance Officers:
Jerry Bush Liz Wright
(334) 705-5158 (334) 705-5165
This division of the Revenue Department is responsible for:
- Tax and license examination and compliance.
- Performing inspections and investigations for compliance with City ordinances and codes, such as zoning ordinances, debris ordinances or subdivision regulations
- Inoperative / Junked vehicles: Any inoperative vehicle or a vehicle needing major repair or restoration must be fully enclosed and shielded from public view. (Car covers, tarpaulins, or tents are not considered acceptable.)
- Accumulation of Debris/Outdoor Storage: Property is to be kept free of any accumulation of garbage, litter, debris or materials for recycling. Materials must be stored in a suitable building or enclosed area.
- Structures/Property Maintenance: All structures and building are to be maintained in good condition, free of deterioration or lack of maintenance.
- Yard Maintenance: All property including areas adjacent to property lines, such as easements or right of ways, must remain free of conditions that cause the property to become injurious to the general public health, safety and welfare.
- Weeds or vegetative growth in excess of 12 inches in height
- Inspecting permitted and non-permitted installed signage within the City limits for ordinance compliance, and takes corrective action as required, including removal of signage.