Mr. Joey Motley (pictured right) is the City Administrator. His office is located on the second floor of City Hall in the Executive Offices (Mayor's Suite).
What the City Administrator Does:
- Administers the daily operations of all departments of city government, which are under the Mayor's direction.
- Provides administrative support for all Departments in the City of Opelika.
- Supervises and evaluates Department Heads' performance.
- Prepares and administers annual departmental budget.
- At direction of the Mayor, coordinates with Department and Division Heads and Council Members, the preparation of the annual municipal budget.
- Provides customer assistance, responds to citizen complaints, and promotes positive community relations.
- Performs complex professional, technical, and administrative tasks relating to the administration of the City's Departments and Divisions.
- Represents the City and provides information to the public, private organizations, and audiences.
- Performs general administrative duties such as devising goals, developing budgets, and revising reports.