The Opelika Police Department is divided into four Divisions, each commanded by a Captain.
|Uniform Division - Captain Shane Healey|
- The largest of the four divisions
- Contains the Patrol units, K-9 unit, Traffic / Homicide team, S.W.A.T. and Hostage Negotiators
- Responsible for answering calls for police service, traffic enforcement and investigation, misdemeanor warrant service
|Investigative Services Division - Captain Kasey Brown|
- Contains General Investigations, Youth Aid, and a Narcotics section
- Responsible for the investigation of felony crimes, and misdemeanor crimes involving juveniles or certain other offenses
- Crime Prevention and Neighborhood Watch Program
Staff Services Division - Captain Ed Clark
- Contains the radio operators,clerks, secretaries, custodians, identification technician, evidence technician,
- Responsible for all maintenance and supplies for the entire department, records, and custodian of records.
Special Services Division - Captain Bobby J. Kilgore
- Contains Training Supervisor, DARE officers,department Training Officer
- Responsible for public information and press releases, DARE programs, annual Youth Camp, Citizen's Police Academy, Internal Affairs investigations, hiring of new police officers, training of newly hired police officers, and the continued training of all Opelika Police Department Officers.