The Planning Commission consists of nine members: The mayor, one administrative official selected by the mayor, a member of the City Council(ex officio), and six persons who are appointed by the mayor. The City of Opelika Planning Commission hears rezoning, preliminary and final subdivisions, conditional uses, annexations, and vacation requests. The Commission makes recommendations to the City Council concerning rezoning, Zoning Ordinance amendments, annexations, and vacations. The Commission also serves as an advisory committee to the City Council on development concerns.
Current Planning Commission Members
· Lewis Cherry (Chairman) 02/17/2017 - 02/15/2023
· Ira Silberman (Vice Chairman) 02/06/2013 - 02/15/2019
· Mayor Gary Fuller 11/09/2016 - 11/02/2020
· Arturo Menefee 01/21/2015 - 02/15/2021
· Michael J. Hilyer 02/05/2014 - 02/15/2020
· Lucinda Cannon 02/17/2016 - 02/15/2020
· David Canon 11/09/2016 - 11/02/2020
· John McEachern 11/09/2016 - 11/02/2020
· Dale Vaughn 12/07/2016 - 02/15/2018
For more information about the Planning Commission or to submit an application contact the Planning Department at 334-705-5156.
In order to view some of the applications, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. Download Acrobat Reader here
Planning Commission Agenda, Minutes and Calendar