Your suggestions, comments, and questions are always welcome. There are a number of ways to get in touch with us, and we encourage you to feel free to use any of them.
Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m
City of Opelika, Engineering Department
Post Office Box 390
Opelika, Alabama 36803-0390
700 Fox Trail
Opelika, Alabama 36803
Phone: (334) 705-5450
Fax: (334) 705-5452
Scott Parker, City Engineer
The five (5) employees of the City of Opelika's Engineering Department provide engineering and land surveying services for the City Council, other City Departments and various boards of the City. These services include the following:
- Management, documentation and inspection of the City's Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) and implementation of the City's Storm Water Management Plan (SWMP).
- Maintains the City's permits from the Alabama Department of Environmental Management (ADEM) which include:
- Erosion and sediment control on all site development projects;
- Issues permits for and reviews land disturbance plans;
- Inspects and inventories all storm water discharge locations, obtains water samples, and tracks water quality of streams within this City's system. (Link to testing results coming soon)
- Provides inspection and enforcement of the City's Chapter 7, "Drainage and Flood Control" Ordinance.
- Roadway development, expansion and improvement;
- Intersection improvement and signalization installation;
- Bridge inspection and construction;
- Storm water drainage system management, and construction erosion and sediment control and post development storm water management.