Mayor Gary Fuller's Biography
Note: There are two ways you can contact Mayor Fuller
By phone: (334) 705-5150
By e-mail: email@example.com
Mayor Fuller was President and CEO of Fuller Broadcasting Company, Inc. from 1985 until he sold the company in December 1998. His six stations received numerous awards and accolades for community service and local news coverage. Some of you spent the night with Gary on October 4, 1995 when he anchored the all-night coverage of Hurricane Opal on 97.7 Kicker FM. The Kicker was the only station within a 50-mile radius that was still on the air. In 1988 WZMG and WKKR became the first stations in Alabama to earn the National Association of Broadcasters Crystal Award for community service.
- President & CEO of Fuller Broadcasting Company which owned and operated WKKR, WMXA, WZMG, WTLM, WCJM and WPLV
- Founder, Gary Fuller Consulting
- Managing General Partner for Fuller Properties, LTD
- Former host of the Lee County Report, a weekly public affairs radio program
- Graduate, Southern Union State Community College
Served on the City Council 2000 - 2004, first elected Mayor August 24, 2004 and was re-elected on August 26, 2008; and, unopposed for the 2012 election, was declared elected to an unprecedented third term by vote of the Opelika City Council on July 17, 2012. He was sworn in at an oath-of-office ceremony as mayor to his fourth term on November 7, 2016.
- Elected in August 2000 to represent Ward Four on the Opelika City Council.
- Elected as Mayor, taking office on October 4, 2004.
- Re-elected in 2008, 2012 and 2016.
- The United Way of Lee County
- Opelika Rotary Club
- The Opelika Chamber of Commerce
- Opelika Dixie Youth Baseball
- Opelika Main Street
- Opelika Utilities Board
- Opelika Arts Association
- Lee County Salvation Army
- Achievement Center - Easter Seals
- Chattahoochee Council Boy Scouts of America
- Chattahoochee Historical Commission
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Lee County
- Auburn-Opelika Tourism Bureau
- Lee-Russell Council of Governments
- Alabama Municipal Electric Authority - Vice Chairman.
- Opelika Planning Commission
- Member, Advisory Committee, Auburn University Regional Airport
- Life Member, National Rifle Association
- Life Member, Auburn Alumni Association
- Master Mason and member of Lee Lodge 454
- Named an Advanced Certified Municipal Official by the League of Municipalities
- Member, National League of Cities Christian Public Officials Caucus
- Member, National League of Cities Finance, Administration and Intergovernmental Relations Committee (F.A.I.R.)
- Leadership Alabama Class of 2006
- Benefactor, Julius E. Talton Endowed Program Support Fund, University of Alabama College of Communication and Information Sciences
- Rotary International Paul Harris Fellow
- Opelika Exchange Club Book of Golden Deeds Award
- Opelika Chamber of Commerce, "Small Business Person of the Year"
- Chancellor's Award, Outstanding Alumni, Southern Union State Community College
Children: Ginny and Gary, Jr.
Active member of First United Methodist Church of Opelika