Monday through Friday,
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
City of Opelika
Opelika, Alabama 36803-0390
Opelika City Hall
204 South 7th Street
Opelika, Alabama 36803
Community Relations Officer
The goal of this department is to make sure that the residents of Opelika (both private and business sectors) stay well-informed about what’s going on in the City of Opelika governing infrastructure and to evaluate public perceptions and feedback from the community so that the city can address those issues in a timely manner. The Community Relations Department gets information out to the public in a variety of ways. Those include:
- Sending out press releases to area radio, TV and newspaper outlets on breaking news and events
- Sending articles and news items to the area media for release
- Putting out the “On Track” Newsletter that gives the public updates on city department activities
- Updating and maintaining this website
- Updating and managing the City of Opelika - Community Relations Facebook pages.
- Updating and managing the City of Opelika App for iPhones and iPads.
- Managing the communications process between the City of Opelika and its various publics.
Another responsibility of your Community Relations Specialist – in the event of natural or “man-made” disasters – is to work with the Lee County Emergency Management Agency in getting information out to the public, allied county agencies, and State and Federal agencies.
As always, if there is any information this department can provide for the public, please do not hesitate to call or e-mail the Community Relations Department.