Governor Ivey Celebrates Expansion at Baxter Opelika Facility
Free Movie Night- Neighborhood Pride Initiative at Covington Rec
LYFT NOW AVAILABLE IN CITY OF OPELIKA
Monday through Friday,
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
City of Opelika
Opelika, Alabama 36803-0390
Opelika City Hall
204 South 7th Street
Opelika, Alabama 36803
Community Relations Officer
Phone: (334) 705-5136
Fax: (334) 705-5153
The goal of the Community Relations Department is to make sure that the residents of Opelika (both private and business sectors) stay well-informed about what’s going on in the City of Opelika governing infrastructure and to evaluate public perceptions and feedback from the community so that the city can address those issues in a timely manner. The Community Relations Department gets information out to the public in a variety of ways. Those include:
- Providing communications and information to area radio, TV and newspaper outlets on breaking news and events
- Writing and distributing articles and news items to publications across the area and state
- Design, write articles and coordinate printing and distribution of the “On Track” Newsletter that gives the public updates on city department activities
- Updating and maintaining this website
- Updating and managing the City of Opelika - Community Relations social media platforms.
- Updating and managing the City of Opelika App.
- Managing the communications process between the City of Opelika and its various publics.
Another responsibility of the Community Relations Officer – in the event of natural or man-made disasters – is to work with the Lee County Emergency Management Agency in getting information out to the public, allied county agencies, and State and Federal agencies.
As always, if there is any information this department can provide for the public, please do not hesitate to call or e-mail the Community Relations Department.