Home » Top Navigation » Department / Division Pages » Municipal Court »
Traffic Citation Information
Traffic Citation InformationPayment of Fines
When a traffic citation has been issued against you there are a few important things to know. If you have been charged with one of the listed offenses and have not been convicted of two or more violations during the preceding 12 months and would like to plead guilty and pay the fine, please mail money order or cashier check, or hand deliver the full amount indicated to the address below. Note: Fine and cost are required, even when paying prior to court.
Opelika Municipal Court
608 Avenue A
Opelika, AL 36801
Payment in Person
Payments made in person must be made by the offender. You may pay in person between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Payment must be received no later than 24 hours before the court date shown on the ticket. You do not have to wait until your court date to pay the ticket.
Payment by Phone
Payment by phone can be made by calling 1-800-487-4567. Please note that the only forms of payment accepted by phone are credit or debit transactions.
Red Light Camera Citations
- Online payment: The fastest and easiest way to pay your notice is to pay online. Go to www.ViolationInfo.com and logon with your Notice # and PIN shown in the red box on the front of your notice. Click the green "Pay" button. There is a $4.00 convenience fee for this service.
- Pay by Phone: Call toll free, 1-866-790-4111 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST. There is a $4 convenience fee for this service.
- Pay by Mail: Mail you check or money order (payable to the City of Opelika) in the envelope provided with the coupon printed at the bottom of the reverse side of the notice. Do not send Cash! Be sure to put the Notice # (see reverse side of notice) on the face of your payment. Your payment must be received on or before the due date shown on the front of this Notice of Violation.
- View Your Images and Video: The recorded images and video will be submitted as evidence in the municipal court proceeding for prosecution of the violation. You may view your images online at www.ViolationInfo.com. You will need your Notice # and PIN printed on the front of the notice.
- If you have any questions about these instructions, please contact Customer Service at 1-866-790-4111.
You must make your request for a hearing through Intersection Safety Program on or before the due date listed on your phone. There are instructions on your notice that detail the steps that need to be taken to request a hearing. The hearing will be scheduled and you will be notified by mail of your hearing date.